Did an Irish monk discover America? Which rebel died of having a feckin’ tooth pulled? And who in the name of Jaysus was responsible for the Pledge? If you've ever wondered how much of our rabble-rousing history is true, and how much a load of wojus oul' bull, then look no further. From the great to the gormless, this book is a hilarious parade of the life stories of Ireland's favourite heroes and gougers. Gathered in a collection of the best anecdotes from our chequered past, it will tell you everything you need to know about our writers, revolutionaries, and rogues. You never know - it might help you win the odd pub quiz as well...
The Feckin' collection returns with a funny, original and quirky take on some of Ireland's most famous faces! Illustrated with photographs and cartoons, the book covers key Irish figures across the millenia like:
- William Butler Yeats - Nobel Prize winning poet
- Saint Patrick - Patron Saint of Ireland
- Sir Ernest Shacklton - legendary Antarctic explorer
- Jonathan Swift - the man who wrote Gulliver's Travels
- Grace O'Mally - the pirate queen who ran Queen Elizabeth's troups ragged
- Brian Boru - the last High King of Ireland
And many more!